What’s the Difference Between Mold Removal and Mold Remediation?
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy.
A qualified restoration company understands the science behind mold and mold growth. SERVPRO has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business.
What is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels. Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
- Step 1: Emergency Contact
- Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Step 3: Mold Containment
- Step 4: Air Filtration
- Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Belongings
- Step 7: Restoration
What is Mold Removal?
Unfortunately, mold is a part of life, and just about everywhere you look. Keep in mind, moldcannot be fully remediated or removed. As our guide to mold remediation states, it can enter your home or business through clothing, open doors, and windows, and even by hitching a ride on pets. SERVPRO professionals know how to help ensure the growth and spread of mold remain mitigated.
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
When You Need Mold Remediation Call SERVPRO®
Day or night, 365 days a year, our professionals are Here to Help® when you need mold remediation services in your home or business. Our 2210 SERVPRO locations in the United States and Canada are always ready to answer your call.
SERVPRO offers a wide variety of cleanup, restoration, and construction services for everything from water damage, storm damage, fire damage, biohazard, and crime scene cleanup to specialty services like commercial property cleaning and government cleanup, restoration, and construction. We are dedicated to arriving on site promptly, ready to get to work to help return your property to pre-loss condition.