SERVPRO Press Release
SERVPRO® deploys Disaster Recovery Team to Assist in Storm Cleanup Across Southeast Coast
Gallatin, TN: October 11,2016 –
SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team has been activated to help residents and business owners in storm damaged areas stretching from Florida all the way to Virginia. SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Teams will be assisting the 282 local Franchises already located in the affected areas.
After the water begins to recede and authorities determine it is safe for residents to return to their property, there are several steps that can be taken to prevent additional damage from occurring. SERVPRO® suggests the following steps to help minimize additional damage to your property while waiting for disaster professionals to arrive.
- If the water has entered the structure through the flooding of a creek, stream or river, or if it has filtered through insulation during its intrusion, it is considered to be black water and could be hazardous to your health. Avoid contact with contaminated items as much as possible.
- Take the greatest caution while entering your home, and wear sturdy shoes and protective clothing when dealing with flooded areas.
- Do not attempt to operate any electrical equipment while standing in wet or damp locations.
- Throw away all foods—even canned goods—that have come into contact with flood waters.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and pillow cushions for drying. Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- If your home has a crawlspace, be aware excess moisture in this area can often foster mold growth.
SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team mobilizes from across the country, as needed, to support large storm events. SERVPRO’s Disaster Recovery Team has responded to large loss and storm events across the country, including: 2016 Louisiana Flooding, 2016 Houston Flooding, 2015 Siberian Express, 2014 Mid-Atlantic Flooding, 2014 Polar Vortex, 2013 Colorado Floods, 2013 Alberta, Canada Floods 2013 California Wildfires, 2012 Hurricane Sandy, 2012 Hurricane Isaac, 2011 Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee, 2011 North Dakota Floods, 2010 Tennessee Floods, 2010 New England Floods, 2009 California Wildfires and 2008 Hurricane Ike.
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO® Franchise System is a leader and provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration services, and mold mitigation and remediation. SERVPRO's professional services network of more than 1,700 individually owned and operated Franchises responds to property damage emergencies ranging from small individual disasters to multi-million dollar large-loss events. Providing coverage in the United States and Canada, the SERVPRO® System has established relationships with major insurance companies and commercial clients, as well as individual homeowners.